Compasses 3

St.George’s Lodge    Lodge Crest    #440 Since 1829

St.George’s 440 History

St.George’s Lodge was founded in 1829 St. Georges #440 continued from 1829 to the 1850’s when it went dark for a few years.During the 1850’s some members of the original St. Georges #440 lodge formed St. Georges #10 (lodge number was not assigned until the creation of the GRQ in 1869).  The new lodge also “claimed” being the original lodge.
In the meantime St. Georges #440 was restarted and continues to the present time.
The St. Georges #440 lodge charter was never surrendered, which we have to this day, and is the main basis for St. Georges #440 being the “original” lodge of 1829.


© 2015 St.George’s Lodge #440ER